Monday, January 31, 2011

Learning Profiles

My learning profile is Gestalt and I am learning type J. This means that I am dominate with my right eye, left ear, right hand and right leg. This also means that I am right brain hemisphere dominate. If I was a Logic learning profile it would mean I would be left brain hemisphere dominate. I am a Gestalt learner due to the fact that I do things in a less of a mannerly and orderly fashion. For example if I were to be given some lego and there were instructions I would ignore the instructions and try to build the lego's by themselves.

Since I am a Gestalt learner I learn best when I have been physically shown what to do and when my left ear is turned toward the sound I should be listening to. Also when I am sitting in class I should be sitting a few rows back and on the right side so that my left ear can be facing the teacher. During class I neet to try to be shown physically and make sure I primarily listen through the left ear. Also I need to have a balance out my activities with movement activities like sport and other activities like music, arts and mathematics. The strategies that would help me in my learning would be to involve movement and while in class look for the bigger picture to ensure grater understanding. I would like my teachers to know that during class if they could use visuals and sit my on a few rows back from where they are speaking I would be able to learn much better or at least take in information easier.

No comments: